My interests mainly remain in the three main areas:
- understanding the yield attributes of the crops, and their effects on the yield [ the agronomic ways of growing them - how they are impacted by abiotic or biotic factors ]
- remote sensing of the crops, agricultural land and their impacts to environment [ the ways to analyze the satellite images / raster data to retrieve crop information ]
- agricultural extension, digital agriculture, agricultural policies [ how agricultural knowledge are being shared - how policies impacts in all the above aspects ]
The above interests have guided me majorly to explore on these major subjects:
- Agronomy (crop genetics, crops reproductive bio.)
- Remote Sensing and GIS (agri. remote sensing, precision agriculture, )
- Agri. Extension, (digital extension, agri. policies)
The above interests and the subjects have helped me in developing the research interests in the following areas.
- Remote sensing of environment and agriculture
- Crop Mapping & yield estimation through Remote Sensing,
- SAR and Hyperspectral Remote Sensing in agricultural applications
- Machine Learning / Deep Learning with Satellite Imageries
- Digital Extension
The research interests have clearly led me to explore more platforms and tools which I should keep on learning/exploring and improving.
- Sentinel Toolboxes (SNAP),
- Google Earth Engine (GEE: JS & Python API),
- Planetary Computer,
- R, Python
I am sure the interests can change or develop or reduce over the time or more enhanced in the specific area. More, the learning will always be continuous.